Eggs are the shells in which Egg Characters gradually grow. They are received in a few different ways and are placed in the incubation room of the Neumann. Using Tag Mode with other players causes the character inside the egg to develop further until it finally hatches, allowing you to add the character to your party in the room outside. Multiple tags are necessary to hatch the eggs, but tagging with many different files may lessen the number. At any time in-game before the egg hatches, the player can walk up to the egg and check it to receive a status message about how close the egg is to hatching.
How to obtainEdit
The player can obtain up to seven eggs, each one holding an Egg Character of one of the game's seven elements. The order in which the five basic element characters are received is randomized in each file, with the light and dark eggs each being received in a specific fashion which depends on the main character's element. All but one of the eggs can only be obtained by use of Tag Mode, but that mode is necessary for all seven eggs to be hatched anyway.
- The first Amigo added to your Amigo List gives you a random egg of one of the five basic elements (Wind/Earth/Water/Fire/Wood)
- The 15th Amigo on your list gives you another random egg of one of the five basic elements
- The 30th Amigo on your list gives you another random egg of one of the five basic elements
- The 60th Amigo on your list gives you another random egg of one of the five basic elements
- Completely filling your Amigo list gives you an egg that is the same element as your main character (Light/Dark)
- Using Tag Mode at least once before giving the Millennium Gummies to Grenadine, then returning from Nova to Gren and managing to receive a random fortune from Gamelan about eggs will give you the final egg of the five basic elements
- If the player avoids capturing or buying any Gummy Frogs for most of the game (frogs in chests, won after battle, or thrown by enemies are allowed), speaking with the Queen's attendant in the throne room of the Luminite palace on Nova after returning from Shadra will give you an egg that is the opposite element from your main character